Wednesday, April 29, 2009

whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

My head is pounding, my throat is hot, my eyes feel too big for my skull and I seem to have lost the will to move. To that end, I actually just laid on the couch this morning while Donovan was at preschool and Gemma was asleep and watched an episode of House Hunters (I just typed Hungers - nice freudian slip there) where I became increasingly annoyed, to the point of ANGER, at a 20-year-old kid who was buying a 3400 square foot home with the help of his parents and whining about needing a gameroom and an office so he "wouldn't have to work in the kitchen." Oh give me a freaking break. My only snide consolation was that the after-shots were filled with views of his brand-new furniture; the kind I see in magazines or showrooms and think, "Who actually buys this crap?" I'm not sure why that was a consolation, but it was.

So the weather is nice (again) for the moment and I've loaded up on advil (don't think I didn't pause ever so slightly as my eyes fell on my old tylenol-with-codeine prescription), enabling me to go outside and trim a few branches, plant some lettuce, swiss card, and bush bean seeds. Next up, I'm going to work on Ainsleigh's soon-to-be-awesome skirt. And then tonight I'm going to make seedling pots to house watermelon, cantelope and pumpkin seeds while we contemplate the state of our backyard. I don't have time to feel like crud.

Wow, it's interesting how having disdain for a stranger is like the best pain reliever ever. And sucking on frozen peaches. That could be the advil-Dr. Pepper-cocktail talking, though.

6 comments:

laura said...

I bet you have Swine Flu.

Angie said...

I hope you get feeling better!! Sleep = getting better...if you didn't have kids:)

Ms. Fine said...

I'm assuming the whine is because you have allergies, yes? Well, have I got a drug for you (this is so going to get scanned and sent to my state bar)! Go to Costco (make the sacrifice) and get the Kirkland brand 24 hour allerclear. Seriously, miracle type stuff. I know it's the generic of something else, but who cares, Kirkland is half the price (or less). It's amazing. Within an hour, I'm human again and able to enjoy mother nature--uh from the inside of my office building looking out--but if I *could* be outside, my allergies wouldn't bother me!

Alice said...

I stopped watching house hunters a few months ago because it depressed me that I like in an area where a 1000 sq foot home goes for 1 mil. and people around the country were buying humungous, cute houses for $200,000. ARGH!

Lisa said...

I am a House Hunters fan, except when you see people like that. Or that come in saying "I want 4 bedrooms, a gourmet kitchen, and hardwood floors throughout, and my budget is $150,000." Yeah, keep dreaming.

If you start feeling pig-ish, self-quarantine. We don't need any swine flu in our state ;)

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better. Can I say I loved your last post?! I feel the same way-how did this happen and is this really my life sometimes?! I can't decide if it's what I imagined or not but it really is amazing to look back and see where I was and how far I've come. I love reading your blog when I get a chance. Heather