Saturday, May 30, 2009

defining the relationship

It's a beautiful Saturday morning and several of the neighborhood kids have been in our backyard playing. I'm not sure whose idea it was, but the 9-year-old is upstairs reading to Donovan. This is also particularly noteworthy since he is dyslexic. As I begin getting Gemma her lunch, I hear Ainsleigh and our walking-to-school-buddy-and-now-almost-constant-playmate neighbor Avery and talking while jumping on the trampoline with Avery's little sister.

Ainsleigh: We've known each other for, like, ever.
Avery: Yeah, but I'm not going to kiss you.
Ainsleigh: No way. And I'm not going to kiss you.
Avery: No way.
Ainsleigh: This girl does NOT like kissing. But I am thirsty. I'm going to get my water bottle. Want some?
Avery: Yeah. I'll ask your mom for a cup.

I love summer.

1 comments:

laura said...

Ha! Well at least they're on the same page.