Monday, June 29, 2009

picture hunting


I received an email from Shutterfly a couple days ago notifying me that my prepaid plan would expire in about a month, so I should probably use up my balance. "Hmm," I thought, "When WAS the last time I printed photos?" I suppose it is telling that the last time I even UPLOADED photos was the latter part of 2007. Like, right after I purchased said prepaid plan. Oh no. So then I went to my account information to see just how many photos I needed to print...

...


SIX HUNDRED AND FORTY-FIVE. Frick. Um, that's a lot of photos. Even by our standards. So...yeah. I'm going through almost 2 years of photos and the good news is that we've edited/renamed the ones I want - I just have to re-save them in the proper format so Shutterfly doesn't jack up our colors. In doing so, I've discovered a few gems like the one above that had previously been overlooked. I always knew I was a procrastinator. I guess I'm just grateful that Shutterfly has a nice reminder system. Or else I probably would have forfeited those prints (as, I am sure, they are kind of banking on when they offer you 800 prints). *sigh* Happy Monday.


UPDATE: It's Monday evening and I've now uploaded 537 photos. Woot! Only 3 more months to go...

2 comments:

loewymartin said...

Ok, I need to know about the Shutterfly format for not jacking up the colors...we did photobooks this year and the colors were all off from what we had in LightRoom!

Great pic of Dono btw - he's getting so big!

Savannah Brentnall said...

The trick is to turn off VividPics. When you go into an album and highlight one or more photos, just choose Edit:Apply Effect. On the right-hand side, check the box that says "Don't apply automatic corrections to pictures"

If you need to do this for the entire album, the quickest way is to highlight all the photos, choose Edit:Apply Effect as above, check the box, then click on "Apply this effect to selected pictures."