Friday, June 19, 2009

Trying to be grateful for

Sore muscles because that means I'm getting stronger.

Whining kids because that means my hearing is fine.

Endless amounts of laundry because that means we have clothes and diapers.

Weeds because that means I have a yard.

Messy rooms because that means we have toys to play with and books to read.

Crying because that means we are properly hydrated.

Timeouts because then I get some quiet.

My scale, that indicates I'm retaining water, because that means I had a lovely dinner with a dear friend last night.

Runny noses because that means our immune system is getting stronger.

A baby who doesn't want to nap because that means she is having too much fun crawling around and starting to pull up.

A mandatory 20% cut in salary because that means he didn't get laid off. For now.

I'm trying to be grateful.

3 comments:

Margo said...

Sarah, I love you. I wish I could be there to give you a huge hug. Here is another positive...blogs, thanks for sharing and being honest with your feelings. You are the real deal. Know that I am thinking of you. love ya.

Alice said...

How in the world do mothers get anything done? Thank goodness for the Ergo carrier right now or else I would starve. I type this as I stare at the huge pile of laundry to be folded.

Melin said...

NO NO NO NO job loss! NO!
all those are wonderful and valid things to be thankful for....but aargghhhh--the never ending world of being a mother worry and chores and ear piercing whinning...looking for a pick me up? I say trash the scale. There's a happy chore.