Sunday, July 26, 2009

My calling


I've taken up running and have, in turn, been looking for a race to do. I hoped to do a 10k, but just ran (pun!) across this little gem of a race: The Skirt Chaser. Oh heavens. This is THE race for me. Let's review: It's a relative flat 5k. It starts in the early evening (no pre-dawn alarm clock!). You get a running SKIRT with your registration. That you wear during the race. And the ladies get a 3-minute head start over the men. Did I mention the SKIRT?! I think this is going to be hilarious and awesome - two things that are general prerequisites for anything I do. A lovely friend is going to join me and I'm going to try to recruit as many adorable ladies (and gents?) as I can. I should probably leave the fishnets at home, right?


But I'm totally wearing pigtails.



False eyelashes shouldn't create too much of a drag, though, right?


Game on.

2 comments:

loewymartin said...

You rock! I wish there was one of the Skirt Chaser races near us - it sounds like something I would like to do!

Lisa said...

Wow. That's incredible. I just wish I could get the mental picture out of my head (of the men).