Thursday, July 2, 2009

My future is bright

Last night I made a bizarre meal combination of Ensaladilla (a Spanish version of potato salad with green olives, among other things), an avocado and shrimp ceviche with homemade tortilla chips, and an array of fresh fruit. And, of course, by bizarre I mean delicious. And when it's hot outside, these are the things I want to eat.

Donovan didn't care so much for the ceviche, though he did pick out a few shrimp bits when he thought I wasn't looking. Gemma adored the shrimp, avocado and tomato. Ainsleigh pronounced it the best thing she had eaten all week (which, yeah, it was). And then she said, in the voice that lets the listener know she is paying highest praise, "You know what mom? You are the best cooker. You should totally be one of those Costco keepers - the people who give out the food? Yeah, you should do that."

I love how little minds work. And, in all fairness, the apple pie we sampled there today was delicious. I didn't realize she thought the lady who was giving it out had baked them at home and brought them to share. And now I have a new career goal: Costco keeper.

4 comments:

laura said...

Well, at least you know you have options.

Nataluscious said...

ooh - we got some green olive salsa while we were up in Aspen that is FANTASTIC-o. I would never have thought green olives - but love the combo.

And what Costco are you at that is sampling apple pie? We have not been so lucky. Though K2 and I went on Monday and had some amazing apple crumb muffin and a host of other shouldn't-necessarily-be-side-by-side-in-the-stomach foods. I do so love catching dinner via samples at Costco!

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

I love avocados, and your"bizarre meal combination" sounds great.

Allison said...

Yeah, but wouldn't the ultimate compliment be to tell you that you should be a churro maker at Costco?