Saturday, August 8, 2009

expectant

As I brought up our luggage from the basement, I found myself feeling the same way I do when I bring up boxes of Christmas decorations. Through the planning and need to get things done, is the prevailing aura of excitement for the coming days. The only real difference is that today we were running the air conditioning instead of the heater. And that it isn't December. Ainsleigh has been running around (literally - and you know how hesitant I am to use that word) gasping, "I'm so excited! I'm so excited!" Donovan had a lot of difficulty going to sleep tonight (maybe 9:30 by the time he was asleep, but then back up at 11 wandering around in just his underwear (why not) saying he couldn't sleep. And me? I'm all packed and ready to go, a couple of to-do lists on my kitchen counter ready for the morning rush. And then, if all goes to plan, we'll depart sometime around 8 tomorrow morning. I told Donovan that this was going to be the best vacation he's ever been on. With wide eyes and a hint of a grin, he said, "Reeeeeeally?!"

I am eager to prove it to him, to be with my stellar family, and to shed about 20 years all in the name of Disney. Bring it on.

2 comments:

laura said...

Wheeeeeee!

Margo said...

I am so excited for you guys. You are going to have the best time ever. Can't wait to hear about it and then pass it on to Jarren so I can convince him that we need to go.