Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Side note

A few items of business not relating to Orlando:

Ainsleigh is being more fabulous by loving second grade. She loves everything about it except for the kid next to her who was trying to pick her peeling scalp. Eeeeeeew! To both the kid and her scalp. But the scalp is from a sunburn and this morning I took a fine-tooth comb to it so hopefully there will be no more of the kid/primate behavior.

Gemma is being more fabulous by getting BACK onto the height/weight chart. Weighing in at 19 lbs, 6 oz, she has regained the 5th percentile standing, while her length is now at a gangly 29", putting her just ABOVE the 5th percentile. More notably, she grew 2 inches in the past 3 months. Way to go Gemma!

I displayed a great example of NOT being more fabulous by falling down the last 3-4 stairs last night while holding Gemma. She was unharmed (even unphased) but I am sporting a couple bruises and rugburns (I forgot how much those things HURT) on my arms, not to mention the left side of my bum is a bit sore making the simple act of sitting down a bit dubious. *sigh*

1 comments:

laura said...

Dude, I feel you with the bum bruise... the one I got from falling down the steps on the way to the pool is still a nasty purplish-black color. Awesome.