Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow day!


It needs to stop snowing and melt enough so I can get to the store, buy more eggs and oil, and continue the baking extravaganza that has been occurring in my kitchen. Also, I need some pearl onions. Not for baking. For BRAISING. That's another recipe entirely. For now, enjoy the pictures. It has been breathtaking, while standing still admiring the beauty, as well as while shoveling (and reshoveling) our driveway/sidewalk. I'm in need of some peppermint tea...




Gemma enjoyed yelling at the kids and kept acting like she wanted to go outside. She only lasted about 5 minutes the first time. The second time, while sledding, she lasted a bit longer. But it's hard to be joyful when the snow is blowing in your face, stinging your cheeks. I opened the door to our back deck (pictured above) while holding Gemma and Donovan's response was, "Are you going to throw Gemma out there?" Yeah, kid. Because that's the kind of mother I am. Now finish your hot chocolate and pumpkin bread and put your swimsuit on. I'm gonna toss you out, too.

4 comments:

laura said...

Awww MAN! I wanna come have a snow day!

Melin said...

I so envious!!! snuggling down after a great afternoon of playing in the snow in your swimsuit is my ideal day! what fun, seriously.

Nataluscious said...

Even though we had a very similar day at our house, complete with crazy hurl-yourself-off-the-back-porch-to-make-snow-angels, it did not include pumpkin bread. Can I come to your house?

Katie Ross said...

We're about to go for a bike ride in our shorts and short sleeves. Snow days are fun and beautiful- when it's for a visit.:)