Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Gemma and her puffy skirt

We have these puffy skirts that are pretty much every girl's dream. Some friends and i went in on a co-op and got these for relatively cheap, compared to what they sell for in boutiques. So Ainsleigh got her first one a couple years ago. Then I got a second one because EVERY little girl (and their mothers) who comes over wants to wear one (it was a good investment, I told Joel). He rolled his eyes. He was downright indignant when two more skirts showed up while I was pregnant this last time. The thing was - we didn't know the baby's gender. We did not know there was a Gemma. I figured I would hold onto this sister-set and if it was a boy, I'd give it as a gift at some point. Gemma was a couple weeks old when I remembered I had a skirt! And a girl! And someday they would intersect! And since Gemma has taken her sweet time walking, it has sat untouched in a box in our basement. Tonight, though, tonight it made its debut. Consider it a "congratulations you're walking" present. And so, for perhaps the first (and last?) time ever, I'm putting up two videos in one day. She marched around in that thing for a good 20 minutes even though it was well past dinner time (something that generally reduces her to a puddle of tears/whining). She was sooooo proud of herself. And, honestly, so was I. Her small frame is totally rocking the fluff. (As you can see in the background, Donovan finds his own way of playing with the skirts. Sometimes he wears them, sometimes he beats his sister with them. I get it.)

8 comments:

laura said...

Haaaaaaa she looks SO CUTE in that. And I love the colors!

Katie Ross said...

Way too cute!

loewymartin said...

She's adorable - and looks sooo proud of herself (as she should be!) Too cute :)

Lisa said...

I WANT A PUFFY SKIRT. That is just too dang cute.

wanda said...

Can't wait to see that walk in person!

Shira said...

I've watched this 4 times already and I can't stop smiling- that is beyond adorable!!!!

Gill Family said...

okay, i am late on this comment (sorry) but i think this needs to be a "raising redheads tradition" in the hill home: dressing the toddler in the skirt the week she learns to walk! from here on out--the hill family children should have their first walking video in that skirt.--it shows off the skirt but better, emphasizes the WALK! too cute, sarah--gemma is one in a million!

Gill Family said...

just to add on, any toddler even the boys :)