Thursday, December 31, 2009

BABY!

My sister Allison had her baby today and I can't think of a better way to say goodbye to a month, year and decade than with the knowledge that your capacity to love has just grown exponentially. Today, thanks to some very wonderful and thoughtful friends, Joel and I had time to visit our Temple here in Denver and have time to reflect on our life together and our goals. In summary, we came away with the word "Give" and more specifically "give yourself." Often, in wedding ceremonies, the officiator asks if you take the other person, but we are asked "do you give yourself..." I have had much time to think about how a simple exchange of words can totally alter the tone. So as we prepare to usher in 2010, I look forward to finding opportunities to give, as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend. And I think of the tiny baby in my sister's arms who is totally oblivious to the joy and hope that surrounds her, and how much of that she has already given and will unknowingly give in the next few weeks, months, years. To start, may it be a lot of, "I can't believe what a good sleeper/eater/smiler she is." Congratulations, Allison and Dave.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told Allison this morning that I *so* wish we had Flat Ainsleigh with us today.

-d