Thursday, December 10, 2009

the short answer

Regarding Joel's job and the potential client vs. job loss: we don't know. I appreciate all of the emails and wish I had something more concrete. We played through all of the scenarios we could envision and when he returned after Thanksgiving, was called into a meeting where they disclosed that the client has delivered ANOTHER request for proposal. Which...is stupid. We think they're stalling. And wanting to get more for the money. Joel, meanwhile, has been given another paycut and dropped back to 4-day weeks. It's a curious place to be - this land of limbo.

My spirits are buoyed by Donovan who has seemingly stumbled into the land of love. I can almost do no wrong as he lavishes praise and affection. I'm beginning to believe I really am the best mom there ever was when he says, "Mom, I love you with my whole brain - every part of it." Of course, this might have something to do with my stash of homemade fudge and caramels.

1 comments: