Saturday, December 19, 2009

Super

Just fantastic.
I've finished Ainsleigh Christmas dress and am feverishly working to finish Gemma's. I'm sort of working from a pattern and sort of making it up and definitely hoping it doesn't look totally made up.

I need to cut out and sew two robes, preferably before the kids get back with Joel this evening.

I haven't wrapped a single present.

I haven't mailed the presents I was supposed to.

I shouldn't even be sitting here right now. Except that I don't know when I'll be able to get back ON to check email because it would appear that the problem with our computer that we thought we had fixed a few months ago has returned with a vengeance and therefore could die at any moment. Joel says I shouldn't be frustrated because this computer IS six years old and in computer years that's like 120. Still, nothing like no computer and an impending layoff to rain on your holidays.

In amusing news, Joel called in sick on Thursday. We're playing the whole, "If I don't show up, they can't lay me off" game. For now, we're winning. In other positive news, he has a you-passed-the-preliminary-and-phone-interviews-now-come-in-for-several-hours interview on Tuesday. And in final good news: I'm having a good hair day.

Sew, old woman! Sew like the WIND! (you get a finger-gun if you can name that movie)

6 comments:

Alice said...

Late presents are the best...just when you thought the surprises were finished...you get more.


Three Amigos.

Nataluscious said...

Shoot, Alice beat me to it. Three Amigos!

loewymartin said...

Knowing you things will all fall into place nicely and you'll be sitting back, with something delicious in hand, wondering why you were worried in the first place. You my friend are most certainly the little engine that could.

wanda said...

All I can say is that you better get my present to Dono wrapped! Hope the dresses turn out marvelous. I'm sure they will.

Alex McMurray said...

Post pictures of the dresses when you're done. Can't wait to see. Good luck and fingers crossed for the interview Tuesday!

PaloAltoCougar said...

Good luck with everything. Your ambitious goals, coupled with your cinematic reference, reminded me of another line from that movie:

Lucky Day: Well, we're just gonna have to use our brains.
Ned Nederlander and Dusty Bottoms in unison: Damn it!