Thursday, March 25, 2010

Miss A

This girl

will be eight in less than a week. EIGHT. And we've agreed to let her get her ears pierced. And I'm having miniature panic attacks at the thought that it has been eight years and I don't think I've put in enough effort. Kind of like how I'd feel at the end of the semester and a project that I was supposed to have been doing consistently had somehow fallen to the bottom of my priority list, somewhere behind "get chili fries" and "lose 5 pounds," and I'm forced to make up a lot of time in a blink of an eye.

The upside is that I don't get a grade when she turns eight. Oh no, THIS project will keep going on. I have more time. More time to work and, let's face it, more time to slack off. The thing is, this is the most important project I've ever had, and I can't help but think that no amount of hard work and effort and determination will ever be enough (in my eyes, at least). Because she deserves the best.

I love this girl so much it makes me choke and cry and laugh all at once. EIGHT. I think my heart just skipped a beat.

2 comments:

laura said...

Ahhhh I can't believe she's getting so big! I found one of your really old retrospective DVDs (from 2005, I think) the other day and was watching it, and I got kinda teary 'cause Ainsleigh was so little. And I didn't know she was getting her ears pierced!

NancyO said...

She does deserve the best and she has the best. I vote for relaxing more and worrying less. Let's face it, you're not exactly a slacker in the effort department. Happy birthday to everyone!