Tuesday, March 16, 2010

That's my boy


I am always amused by what Donovan tells me he does at school. Yesterday, he replied, "At play time I took a pan and hit myself in the head. But it didn't hurt."
"Um, why did you hit yourself?"
"Oh, because it makes Braelyn and Izzy laugh."
"Ah. And do you like making the girls laugh?"
"Yes."
"What else do you do to make them laugh?"
"I fall over or make funny jokes. I'm good at jokes."

Braelyn's mom told me that she overheard her daughter and Izzy giggling about how funny Donovan is and they were one-upping each other on what they like about him. I don't know what I'm going to do with this kid. And as much as I roll my eyes and groan, I gotta say I secretly love that he does this kind of stuff. And that, when we pull up outside preschool, it's his name that is screamed as the flock of girls come scampering over.

0 comments: