Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6


Birthday season is in full swing here, and today we're celebrating the man responsible for most of the other birthdays. The man who works hard to provide for us and then takes the time to throw his kids around. As cheesy as it sounds, when I saw this picture I noticed that there's a heart in the clouds to the left. The clouds part to make HEARTS in back of him for his pictures. If the clouds rearranged themselves for my kids, behind Ainsleigh would be a peace sign, behind Donovan would be an exclamation point, behind Gemma would be a smiley face, and I'm not even going to guess what mine would be. But Joel - his is a heart. He's a quiet man (if he's standing next to me, that is - hey! I have a lot of words to get out!), deliberate in his thoughts, devoted to his children, and the anchor of my life. Those clouds have it right, and we love him something powerful. Happy birthday, Mister Hill.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that cloud-heart picture :) So sweet.

Melin said...

that is a great post! happy birthday...

laura said...

Love the pic. Love Joel.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I think I need picture taking lessons from you :) I love the way Gemma's skirt looks and I'm impressed by Joel's ability to control the clouds. Can he make the snow stop too?

Nataluscious said...

oh I love this post! And the picture. :)

Shira said...

Beautiful all around.

Annie said...

Awesome pic!