Thursday, April 1, 2010

Earrings for Ainsleigh

Pictures later. I'm having a mini panic attack that Gemma deleted the photos when I walked away from the computer. I can't find them anywhere. That girl is small, but man she can destroy things. In the meantime, here is what happened last night:

She looked absolutely petrified sitting there. I thought she might throw up (despite her almost imperceptible head shake that no, she wasn't sad). I have to admit that I was shaking pretty terribly, and you can hear my nervous laughter. I was afraid the video was going to be messed up. Even afterward, when the girl was showing us how to clean them, I could barely mimic her, my hands were shaking so bad. Joel even admitted to feeling a bit nervous. But she skipped out of Claire's squealing, "My ears are pierced! My ears are pierced!" This is one of those moments where her reaction surpassed my expectations. I am really proud of her. And my heart giggled this morning as she ran up to her friends shrieking, "I got my ears pierced - SEE!" and beamed as they all oohed and aahed.

This was her best birthday ever, and I am so happy for her. I'll be even more happy if I can find what Gemma did with those photos.

7 comments:

laura said...

Hahahaha, "so I can look stylish." Oh Ainsleigh. I was nervous just watching that, but she did so well! What a champ.

wanda said...

I can't believe she didn't feel faint. Like Becca and Allison. Good for her. I, too, was nervous just watching. Hope you can find those pictures!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Ah! I was a little freaked and it wasn't even my child! I love that she used the word "stylish," Madelynne uses it all the time and it makes me laugh :)

Lisa said...

A rite of passage, that is. I remember being so excited :)

Allison said...

Ahhhhh, that made *me* nervous. And gave me flashbacks to being sprawled out on the mall bench afterward while Mom brought me a Sprite. Yay for stylish Ainsleigh!

NancyO said...

Brave Ainsleigh! She's so cute and I love her butterfly shirt!

Katie Ross said...

Ainsleigh is so brave-now she's so stylish! Happy Birthday Ainsleigh!