Saturday, May 22, 2010

peer pressure

I might just give in and start hurling. About an hour and a half ago, Gemma started moaning. I thought she was hungry. As I started to get out lunch things, she started coughing. This is the telltale sign that things are about to go from bad to rancid-worse. I ran to get her, but she hasn't perfected the control my other kids show. About four steps from the sink, she unleashed. I would say that the upside was we were on the wood floor. The downside was that the hard floor made the perfect splatter zone so that the hours-old milk, rice crispies and goldfish seemed to explode and multiply upon impact to also tag the floor mat, my socks, the bottoms of my capris, and the exposed flesh between the latter two. My shock at the devastation froze me in my place long enough for her to add to the carnage, hitting a soak zone of about eight feet. From the table, Ainsleigh began to moan, "Oh that smells awful. It makes me feel like I might throw up again!" Join the club.

Oh I'm sorry - were you eating lunch?

2 comments:

NancyO said...

Sounds like a war zone - good luck!

Angie said...

I'm sorry, what else can I say...