Sunday, August 22, 2010

blood, sweat, water, mud, fire and a turkey leg


That's the face of a warrior. Well, a warrior who has finished the race and the obstacles and who managed to come away with it a few pounds heavier for all the mud caked to her and her eyelashes. The Warrior Dash lived up to it's promise of being the "craziest frickin' day of your life!" I'll post more pictures and an in-depth recap later, but let me summarize by saying the hill mountain was steeper/longer than I had anticipated (also not anticipated: the elevation change, and then that we climbed 2k feet), the mudpit longer and more painful than I imagined, the flames higher and hotter than I supposed, and the turkey leg more delicious than I hoped.

We met a few families up at Copper Mountain where we prepped ourselves and our warpaint. A last minute costume change proved wise since my previously imagined toga theme would have probably been stripped off halfway through the mudpit. Here are some of us ladies totally psyching everyone out with how tough we are:


The best line I heard all afternoon was when one of my friend's 8-year-olds saw us, then looked at his twin brother and said, "When we get older, we are TOTALLY doing this." The happy couple, basking in the post-race glow/fullbodymudcast:

6 comments:

Becca said...

That is awesome!!!! But are your shoes ruined??

janine said...

Apparently, I didn't know we were being super tough and serious in this picture! what a goon! It was a BLAST! so glad we did it. Tomorrow, I start training for next year!

Love,
Brittany:)

Christina said...

Love it! You got some great pictures. Jared has some video of you & Joel going through the mud pit. And I am definitely going to have to train hard for next year!

wanda said...

Way to go! I look forward to the blow by blow report. Will that white shirt ever be white again?

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad that you guys did that. I can't wait for the recap. I'll live vicariously through you.

Anne said...

totally awesome!