Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Donovan answers


I was driving around with Donovan and Gemma as I ran some errands. As we headed to Costco, Donovan asked if I had any snacks in my bag. Our general Costco tradition is to get a churro at the end and split it, so I told him that I didn't have snacks but if he stayed in a good mood, then I would buy him a churro.

"What do you think of that?" I asked him.
"I'm thinking I love you," he replied, a slight surprise in his voice.

As we departed Costco with TWO churros in hand (I was feeling flush, what can I say?), I told him that he could have an entire one (or until he felt full) and I'd split the other one with Gemma (the getting two churros might have been just a touch self-serving - don't judge me). As we neared home, I glanced in the rearview mirror to see him finishing the churro.

"Did you finish the whole thing?" I asked, a little impressed, a little disappointed.
"Yep!" he said.
"How do you feel?" I asked, thinking his stomach probably wasn't as chipper as he was. I was wrong. Because he replied,
"LUCKY! Well, lucky AND happy."

Totally worth the second churro.

0 comments: