Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nevermind: Dang it

I've been working on a new design template and I felt confident I had worked out all the glitches. Oh the vanity. I don't know why the date isn't showing up. It works perfectly fine on my test site. Boo.

Yay - it works! I am a JavaScript novice, so trying to decode CSS stylesheets is always an exercise in patience and screaming. It's just how I work. After much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, I knew the answer was right there while I was staring so hard I felt like my eyeballs would fall out of my head. I had reached my wit's end and when that is the case, the only logical solution is a plate of nachos and The Colbert Report. After that respite, I returned to the code and voila - there was the simple fix. And now here is my new layout. I can now have wider photos and the ability to insert breaks so the landing page doesn't have a billion high-res photos.

If you can't say you like it, don't say anything at all. I like it, and that's all that really matters. I probably should have put "here" at the end of that sentence, but I like the whiny arrogance it conveys.

1 comments:

Becca said...

Ugh can you go into my account and make my blog look somewhat decent? I don't understand ANYTHING. Half the reason I don't blog very much is because i'm EMBARASSED!