Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tempermental

Just a few days ago I sent this to my sister Laura as a neener-neener as she attempted (and succeeded) to survive yet another winter storm on the east coast.

And the temperature gauge outside my house actually registered 72. It was glorious. Actually, our whole winter thus far has been pretty spectacular (read: snowless). But it seems like Colorado finally woke up and said, "Ok FINE I'll show the nation that we do, in fact, recognize the season."

Joel's dad even emailed from the Philippines because, as he was checking the weather in the USA, they highlighted the Denver area. I guess if we can't be front page news, we aren't playing. Harumph.

In the meantime, we've got the kids home (I guess that's what happens when frostbite is a very real threat), soup simmering, bread dough rising, the fire in the fireplace, and Grandma en route (well, as long as the stop canceling flights). I am grateful for central heating, sunny skies and warm slippers.

Wish you were here!

3 comments:

laura said...

It's good to know you're being punished for your insolence.

Lisa said...

Somehow Colorado weather continues to surprise me.

NancyO said...

An over 70 degree drop in 3 days? That's weird - that kind of fluctuation can't be good for the body!