Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I never thought I'd...

A) Find it. B) Buy it. How could I think it didn't exist? Why would I not have thought Amazon carried it? Lo and behold, I just placed an order and, arriving sometime before December 17 will be:

That's right - it's a (stuffed) flying squirrel.

That's what Donovan asked for, for Christmas. Well, that was only after he asked for a REAL flying squirrel and was shot down. Even when he asked for a stuffed one, I thought, "That's dumb. We have too many stuffed animals." And we do. But I checked, on a whim, and there it was. So I had to buy it, actually. In the meantime, I will continue to act skeptical and disgusted at his #1 pick. It will make him feel all the more triumphant when he comes down Christmas morning and sees it there, waiting for him. And I will chuckle and roll my eyes and say, "Oh Santa."

Anyone have any weird gifts they're getting their children for Christmas? Or Hannukah? Or...anything?

Also, I have a party to go to this Saturday where I'm supposed to bring a white elephant gift. I don't HAVE any white elephant-ish items. Any suggestions? PLEASE. 

3 comments:

Melin said...

gift--Mary has been begging for the American girl doll...wait for it, crutches. Crutches? Can't wait to see her doll crutching around the house.

white elephant--we've gotten a lot of play out of bringing a framed photo of our family. Its been pretty fun.

Alice said...

Donut maker

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=donutmaker&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6445850183391470589&sa=X&ei=wRzpTofXOsvRiALyyoSkDA&ved=0CIQBEPMCMAI

GWACK said...

Gift- paper. Will wants paper.
White elephant- a four pack of toilet paper. Useful but funny.