Thursday, April 25, 2013

Well Played, Dr. S.

Imagine. You're back in the dermatologist's office to have a couple moles removed. These spots have been numbed and you're relaxing, eyes closed, in preparation for the extraction (one being on your face). I wasn't concerned, but had the fleeting thought, This music is quite relaxing. Nice touch, doc. That particular instrumental song ended, and a soft jazzy tune started up. And then my eyes flew open and I started giggling.

"I kind of love that this is the song playing right now," I said to the doctor, as he stood over me. He kind of sheepishly grinned and said, "I have like four or five versions of it. (shrugs shoulders) You know."

"I like a doctor with a sense of humor," I reassured him, and then settled back in for the procedure.

The song? Oh yes. It was "I've Got You Under My Skin." Well played, Dr. S. Well played.

0 comments: